|You are at home >> activities||
- Designed and developed a web portal for public libraries in my home state Punjab. Presently the portal hosts Punjab Public Library System (consisting of 14 District Libraries and a Central State Library) and Punjab Library Association.
The portal is available at www.punlib.net
I started this project as my PGDLAN course project. I needed to design some live project for completion of one of my papers. I desingned a website a website for my local District Library at Ropar. Later on wanted to expand the project into a full fledged portal hosting whole of the library sytem in the state. The idea was borrowed from North Caroline Public Library System. I wanted to do my Ph.D. on this project from Punjab University, Chandigarh as I had cleared the entrance test for the same and was eligible for the doctorate studies. But unfortunately the concerned department considered the project too technical and refused to register me. So lost the chance. Now I couldn't wait any more and started expanding the project. Visited the libraries personally and collected the data that I thought most relevant.
The project is my individual endeavour. I have funded it myself without any help from any individual or organization.
- Presented a paper on AIDC (Automated Identification & Data Capture) in Libraries at EMPI DLNC-2007, New Delhi, INDIA also published in the proceedings. READ
- ILA - Indian Library Association.
- IASLIC - Indian Association for Special Libraries & Information Centres.
- CALIBER-2007 in Jan. 2007 at Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- EMPI Digital Library National Convention-2007 March 2007 at New Delhi.
- Workshop on Education Resource Planning (EdRP), by National Mission on Education through ICT (NMEICT), MHRD, Govt of India, From 7-8 January, 2012 at Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi.
KOHA Workshops as Resource Person (NMEICT, Govt of India)
I attended these workshops as Consultant and Resource person. My main contribution was helping with working with different modules of Koha in general and taught server administration in the networked environment in particular.
- Bose Institute, Kolkatta, West Bengal from 19th July, 2012 to 22nd July, 2012
- Bhubhaneswar, Odissa, 1st August, 2012 to 4th August, 2012.
- Kalyani, near Kolkatta, West Bengal in 19th to 22nd September 2012.
- Jadhavpur, West Bengal in 5th to 8th October 2012.
- IIT Roorkee, 1st Nov. to 4th Nov. 2012.
- Presentation on Koha for Networking of DPS libraries and Digitization of Resources at Workshop on Vital Role of Library in School Education of the Delhi Public School (DPS) Society at New Delhi from 11th January to 13th January, 2017.